Contact Lens Care Information & Videos
Application and Removal of Contact Lenses – Step-By-Step
Application and Removal of Contact Lenses – Quick Overview
Contact Lens Care & Handling Tips
Tips for Clean, Comfortable Contact Lenses
- Always wash and dry your hands with a lint-free towel before handling contact lenses.
- Carefully and regularly clean contact lenses daily. If recommended, rub the contact lenses in multi-purpose solution with fingers and rinse thoroughly before soaking lenses overnight.
- Use contact lens solution recommended to you by your eye doctor because not all contact lens solutions are the same.
- Store lenses in the proper lens storage case and replace the case every 1-3 months. Clean the case after each use, and keep it open and dry between cleanings.
- Only fresh solution should be used to clean and store contact lenses. NEVER re-use old solution.
- Use re-wetting drops when lenses feel dry and prior to removing them.
- Apply makeup after inserting lenses.
- Always follow the replacement schedule prescribed by your eye doctor and dispose of contact lenses on schedule.
- Remove contact lenses immediately if you experience any sudden change in vision and/or eye pain, redness, or irritation.
- Always have current eyeglasses and/or a spare pair of contact lenses available.
- Use soaps containing lotions, creams or perfume. They can leave a film on your hands that can transfer to the lenses and cause eye irritation.
- Use tap water or homemade saline solutions to wash or store contact lenses or lens cases.
- Put contact lenses in your mouth or wet them with saliva, which is full of bacteria and a potential source of infection.
- Share lenses with others.
- Do not swim in contact lenses because you could contaminate them.